Pages

Monday 22 January 2018

My 1st Breast Checkup - Dr Harjit Kaur (Prince Court Medical Centre)

When was your last time checking your breast??
 
I throw that question to myself as well since even though I did it on my own every month but yet still I do not know if that "own checking" is a right method to determine any lumps, unusual changes and etc.
 
Without further a due and thank you to myself for this early awareness, I search for a few doctors online and found out that meeting Dr Harjit at PCMC could be one of the best option to start my first checkup. I've to wait for at least 1 month before my appointment date due to a very long queue and yeah finally this is the day! Before the appointment date, I did search from online about other people who experienced hard lumps, unusual changes to the breast, nipple discharge and etc and unfortunately 70% of their stories lead to breast cancer..and yeah I have scared myself to the fullest while reading their stories huhu
 
The next day, nervously waiting for the session with Dr and it's a lucky day for me as it went very smooth since I went to Prince Court without any insurance and I opted to self pay first to expedite the appointment session. Received a warm welcome from Dr Harjit, she such a nice person. After few questions checking on my background and menstrual cycle, she asked me to lie down on a bed next to the ultrasound machine. She's going to perform a breast ultrasound on both side to check for any lumps / abnormality / causes for swelling or pain.
 
Proses checkup berjalan dengan pantas about 10 mins camtuh dah siap and Alhamdulillah, both side is very well and I cant forgive myself of reading too much last night till I scared myself hihi. If you planned to have your first consultation for breast checkup with Dr Harjit Kaur, the expected fee as below :
 
 
 
You can search online how to do "own breast checkup" and how to detect any unusual changes to the breast
 
Remember, frequent own breast checkup would made it much easier for you to detect any unusual changes to your breast and it is recommended to perform yearly breast checkup with the doctor coz early detection of any abnormalities may save your life
 
This is our asset and it's our own responsibility to look after it..
 
I care because I want to see him growing...
 


 
Till then..take care and have a wonderful day ahead!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment